“When you love yourself, other people will too. End of story.” Kimberly Seltzer (29:44 – 29:48)
What you wear matters more than you think.
When you look in the mirror, do you love what you see? Or do you feel disappointed? Your response may have something to do with your wardrobe.
Kimberly Seltzer is a strong believer that you are what you wear. The LA-based Style and Confidence Coach works with men and women to find the right textiles and patterns that build a wardrobe of confidence.
Her “outside-in” approach will have you toss out your comfy cocoon clothes and stock up on power outfits that attract success. Are you ready for a complete makeover? Let’s find your personal style so you radiate confidence everywhere you go.
“It doesn’t matter what size you are. It doesn’t matter what age you are. How you look on the outside boosts your confidence and makes you feel better.” – Diane Forster (10:30 – 10:41)
After her divorce, Kim covered her curves in black and dismal materials. Any hint of color was out of the question. That was until a clothing department employee handed her a terrifying red dress that was two sizes too small.
Like Cinderella, Kim transformed before her very own eyes. She couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. As Kim marched out of that department store with her new dress in hand, she felt empowered and ready to take on the world.
That’s because when you look great, you feel great. So, how do you curate a wardrobe that builds confidence?
Kim’s Three Cs Style Formula to build confidence:
- Color. Incorporate more color into your wardrobe. Color is a powerful force of attraction for success, money, and love. Use tones that compliment your skin and beckon double-takes.
- Cut. There are so many shapes and sizes of women. Some are tall and lean, others are short and curvy. None are the same, but they’re all beautiful. Find clothes that fit your body type right so you can feel your best.
- Confidence Clothes. What are your go-to outfits? The ones you pull for dates and special occasions every time! What is it about those clothes that work for you? Once you’ve figured it out, go shopping for more in the same style.
“You don’t have to change who you are. You want to market yourself so that people can get to know who you are.” – Kimberly Seltzer (20:47 – 20:55)
Style is an opportunity for others to get to know the real you. What you wear matters. But it’s less about the clothes and more about the attitude they inspire.
This week, go to your closet armed with Kim’s “Three Cs Formula” as a guide. Pick articles of clothing that complement your figure and skin tone and align with your personality. It’s time for the world to see who you are and what you’re all about.
Each week, we provide you with a mantra meditation, a fun, transformational way to apply the concepts in each episode. Tell yourself the story of what you want, without all of the limitations, and watch your life begin to change! Listen to this week’s mantra meditation to grow in self-love.
Letting go of the expectations of others, and growing in the confidence and love of who you are and all that you are capable of, is the only way to truly move forward in success and fulfillment. Each day, we are surrounded by people who are doing the best that they can. Listen in to this week’s mantra meditation, embrace self-compassion, and extend compassion to your relationships.
How to get involved
- For more information about working with Diane and to gain access to valuable resources visit dianeforster.com.
- You can contact Diane for coaching information at email@example.com.
- To learn more about the EED Process discussed on today’s episode, get Diane’s book, I Have Today.
- To learn more about Kim and receive her FREE gift, click here.
- For more information about the Happiness Formula, click here.
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!