“Love. It’s the thing that everybody wants. Not only is it possible, but it is also your birthright.” – Diane Forster, 1:30
Everyone loves love. We all relish the feeling of being cared for, paid attention to, and valued. We search and search for the right person to give us those things. Unfortunately, it frequently happens that in that search, we enter a vicious cycle of holding to the wrong people with the wrong qualities, and we get our hearts broken.
No one knows this process better than Renee Piane. Renee is an expert in love, and she has devoted herself to helping and healing people who have run into dead end after dead end in their relationships.
As a young girl, Renee was nurtured by a family full of strong, independent women who had bad luck in love. As a result, she grew up with a distrust of men and the will to be entirely self-sufficient. Renee refers to this part of her life as her “love lineage,” or, the parts of love that were modeled to her by her loved ones.
“Sparks and butterflies are awesome. But if you really want a strong relationship that will last forever, you’ve gotta do the work on yourself first.” – Diane (24:53)
Our love lineage is a key part of how we operate in relationships throughout our lives. And we attract people based on the love we’ve learned. Have you ever been in a season of your life where you are adamant that you will never be with an untrustworthy man, only to find yourself surrounded by untrustworthy men? Until we allow ourselves to heal from the brokenness of the love we have learned, we will continue to attract relationships from that place.
“Every morning I intentionally get dressed for the day, even the gym. You never know where you’re going to meet someone.” – Renee Piane (40:59)
Cultivating healthy relationships can be particularly difficult for individuals in the entrepreneurial realm. Entrepreneurs are driven and independent, and the temptation often is to cocoon themselves in safety at home, not to take risks that might lead to love. How do we become more open to finding love? The secrets are less elusive, and much more attainable than you might think.
- Know thyself – Every heart takes damage over the years. Do you know where yours is? If you haven’t thoroughly looked at your heart, your personality, and your values, you will do yourself and the people around you a disservice as you invest in them.
- Be intentional – Know also who it is you want to be with. What do you value in an ideal partner? Take stock of the qualities you want and need, and you will draw in people that meet those needs.
- Don’t rush – This is especially important for women who grew up in marriage-centric cultures. Women tend to play “beat the clock” where love is concerned. But if something is good, focus on nurturing it and bonding with the other person. Give them what they need at that moment, and let it grow naturally.
- Do not fall prey to “One-Size” Syndrome – A lot of people put themselves with “temporary” partners. It’s not fair to you or them. Don’t go for “Mr. Right-Now”.
- Be open and receptive – In our society, the balance of masculine and feminine energy has been thrown off. Men do not allow themselves to be vulnerable, and women do not take the initiative they want to. Be open to the attention you want, and be flexible.
- Take risks – Nothing good will come to you if you do not put yourself out there. Do three things every single day that scare you. Be bold in seeking what you want.
Some Topics we talk about in this episode:
- Introduction – 0:30
- Renee’s Backstory – 6:30
- The Love Lineage – 12:00
- Personal Responsibility + Do the Work – 19:30
- Letting Love Grow – 28:15
- Men and Love – 33:20
- Being Bold, Taking Risks – 35:50
- Wrap-up and a Special Offer – 46:50
How to get involved
- For more information about working with Diane and to gain access to valuable resources visit dianeforster.com.
- You can contact Diane for coaching information at email@example.com.
- Visit Renee online for a special coaching offer.
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!