“When something comes really easy to you, pay attention. Not everyone knows what you know, and the things you think are easy are not easy for everyone else.” – Leisa Reid
The intention of this week’s episode is: I have today to share my story with the world.
This week on I HAVE TODAY with Diane Forster, Leisa Reid shares the importance of your story, and how you can use it to influence the world around you. Leisa is a trainer with the Productive Learning Team and the Founder of the OC Speakers Network. She is an expert in the industry of public speaking. Leisa shares how her own journey through the triumphs and challenges that led her to the realization that she has a gift for helping others share their message with certainty, and increase their income through speaking.
“When we have the courage and willingness to say ‘maybe there is something I can learn internally that will affect my external life.’ That is the best step that one can take for themselves.” -Leisa Reid
We all have a story to tell. Whether you have identified it yet, or not, the unique experiences that have been defining moments in your life deserve to be shared! You never know which parts of your story will resonate with someone else, and make a life-changing impact. The courage you have to share your story will give someone listening the permission they need to do the same.
“If you have a message within you that is tapping on your shoulder, lean into it. It’s not going to go away, it’s just going to get louder.” -Leisa Reid
If you have contemplated pursuing public speaking, it may feel overwhelming. However, there are a few simple things you can do to get a jump start on the process. We’ve listed them below:
- Put together a really good bio sheet. People need to know who you are, and what you will speak about. It will be your most used tool.
- Find a safe space to help you overcome the fear of speaking, and to hone your craft. Toastmasters is an excellent organization that was formed with the sole purpose of helping individuals become more knowledgeable and experienced in the art of public speaking.
- Reach out to other speakers and exchange referrals. Networking is one of the best ways that you can build your audience, and accrue speaking engagements.
Some Topics we talk about in this episode:
- Introduction – 0:45
- Leisa’s Journey to Speaking – 4:24
- Challenges Lisa Has Faced – 9:14
- Three Ways to Get More Speaking Gigs – 20:45
- How Lisa Lives the I HAVE TODAY Way – 28:12
- Wrap-up and Takeaways – 34:49
How to get involved
- For more information about working with Diane and to gain access to valuable resources visit dianeforster.com.
- You can contact Diane for coaching information at email@example.com.
- To learn more about the EED Process discussed on today’s episode, get Diane’s book, I Have Today.
- If you are interested in learning more about the work Leisa does with individuals, helping them cultivate their story and increase their income through speaking, visit productivelearning.com.
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!