“William James, the father of American psychology, said that the deepest desire in human beings is the craving to be appreciated.”
Today’s intention is: I HAVE TODAY to make a difference in the world.
This week on I HAVE TODAY with Diane Forster, we’re speaking with the incredible Helice “Sparky” Bridges, the founder of Blue Ribbons Worldwide. In 1980, Sparky started a movement to revitalize the human spirit, one school, one family, and one community at a time. Her dream is to reach 1 billion people with the message, “who I am makes a difference.” She is a woman of grace and compassion, who is humorous, wise, and unconditionally loving. Listen in to hear the story of the Blue Ribbons, and learn more about how to take a small step to be a part of making a radical difference in the lives of the people you come in contact with each day.
“I thought, well, maybe if I tell people that I love them and honor them and cheer them on for their dreams, something good will happen… I created the Blue Ribbon and it caught on. Thirty-five thousand people were honored in the first three months. Today, fifty million.”
Each week, I give you three takeaways, three key statements for you to apply to your life TODAY. In this episode, we discuss Three Reasons Why Who You Are Makes a Difference:
- You are gifted, unique, talented special, so extraordinary.
- Everyone has a valuable, important story. Your story matters.
- You are meant to be visible, seen, and appreciated.
“I want to just invite you to find people that you can speak to, encourage, and empower and say I love and appreciate you and value your uniqueness. And say, you can do it, I believe in you.”
Here’s a way to apply the concepts from this episode in a fun, powerful, transformative way. It’s called a mantra meditation. It’s at the end of each podcast episode! Your subconscious mind can keep you stuck. The most effective way to create more love, money, success, and happiness in your life is to tell your subconscious a different story, the story of what you really want with no limitations. So sit back and relax. Let the words do all the work for you. Then pay attention to the miracles that start showing up in your life. Trust and enjoy this process.
“End bullying, eradicate violence, avert teen suicide, empower and support and enhance self-worth and make dreams come true. We do that with the power of acknowledgment in a minute or less.”
Some Topics we talk about in this episode:
- Introduction – 0:43
- The Story of the Blue Ribbon – 5:06
- How Can You Play a Part in Making a Big Difference – 14:54
- A Story About the Impact of the Blue Ribbon – 19:23
- Three Reasons Why You Matter So Much – 22:55
- Sparky and Chicken Soup for the Soul – 27:04
- Receiving Love to Give Love – 29:31
- How Sparky Lives the I HAVE TODAY Way – 34:08
- Wrap-up and Takeaways – 36:10
How to get involved
- Help Grandma Sparky reach her dream of honoring 1 billion individuals. Visit blueribbons.org to learn more about this movement, read testimonials, and order ribbons to honor friends, family, co-workers, children, etc.
- For a FREE 15-minute coaching session with Sparky, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you liked this episode, be sure to subscribe and leave a quick review on iTunes. It would mean the world to hear your feedback and we’d love for you to help us spread the word!